It's our pleasure to announce that after months of research, writing, and review, Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.6 is in available. The result isn't just an update to the previous edition, it's a complete revision:
Here is a short list of the changes:
- Updated for Django 1.6 and designed for both Python 2.7 and 3.3.
- Over 130 pages of new material, bringing the book to 446 pages.
- Expanded sections on database transactions, binary fields, security, custom admin skins, creating and maintaining third-party packages, utilities, serialization, built-in exceptions, deployment, and more.
- 5 new chapters with material on function-based views, consuming REST APIs in templates, deployment, identical environments, and continuous integration.
- 3 new appendixes on internationalization, settings alternatives, and working with Python 3.
- More tables! Improved explanations! Corrected spellings!
- Code examples available for download.
Want to know the rest? Read the change list.
We're offering the book in printed softcover format on it's product page.
Any questions? Read the FAQ.