Welcome to the latest news about Two Scoops Press, Daniel Roy Greenfeld (pydanny), and Audrey Roy Greenfeld (audreyr).
Two Scoops of Django 1.11 Early Release Is Out
We just released the early release (BETA) of the fourth edition of Two Scoops of Django. This supports the Django 1.11 Long Term Support (LTS) release, which will be maintained until at least April of 2020. In late May, we plan to release the print paperback version. Today you can purchase the early release PDF as well as pre-order the print edition by itself or as a bundle with the PDF.
If you have any questions, please read the Two Scoops of Django 1.11 FAQ.
Two Scoops Press Legacy Sale
For the first time since 2013, we're running a sale! We uncovered two boxes, one that contained several hardcover editions of Two Scoops of Django 1.6, and the other was a set of Two Scoops of Django 1.8 misprints (slight alignment oddities, minor cover coloration issues, or light scuffing). They are on sale for as long as our supplies last.
- Two Scoops of Django 1.6 Hardcover ($30 off)
- Two Scoops of Django 1.8 Misprint + PDF bundle ($20 off)
- Two Scoops of Django 1.8 Misprint ($20 off)
2015-2017 Python/Django Community Efforts
Here's a recap of our volunteer work since May of 2015.
A number of the open-source projects that we maintain have reached important milestones.
- Cookiecutter, the popular cross-platform project templating tool created by Audrey, is now supported by both PyCharm and Visual Studio. There are numerous tutorials about it in both video and written format. We would like to thank all the Cookiecutter contributors.
- Cookiecutter Django, a Cookiecutter template for Django, is ow a Python 3-only project and will soon support Django 1.11. It comes with scripts for local installation of dependencies, as well as detailed instructions on deploying to Docker, Elastic Beanstalk, Python Anywhere, or Heroku instances.
- cached-property, a decorator for caching properties in classes, now provides normal thread-safe decorators with time-to-expire options. To our delight, it's been influential in the discussions of including this capability in CPython itself!
- PyCon North America 2016: We ran a booth for the Cookiecutter Project and led a four-day sprint for the project.
- PyCon Singapore: PyDanny and Audrey gave a talk about writing libraries, Cookiecutter, and putting your open source out into the world.
- Django Girls Inland Empire: Audrey and Danny spoke at the first Riverside County, California Django Girls event.
- DjangoGirls Ensenada: Audrey and Daniel went to the lovely town of Ensenada, Mexico to speak at the Django Girls event there.
- Django Girls San Diego: Audrey and Daniel gave a talk at the first event of its kind in San Diego.
Follow us on Twitter for updates on:
- The print edition of Two Scoops of Django 1.11 will hopefully be out by late May.
- Daniel is releasing three new fiction books within the next few months. Stay tuned!
- Daniel is also planning to update Into the Brambles this year.
Thanks for reading,