Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.6
Warning: there are newer editions of this book available. The most recent edition is Two Scoops of Django 1.11.
This book is chock-full of material that will help you with your Django projects.
We’ll introduce you to various tips, tricks, patterns, code snippets, and techniques that we’ve picked up over the years. This book is a significant revision of the previous edition:
- Expanded and revised. 446 pages total (up from 310 pages).
- Significant portions of the previous material have been revised, incorporating huge amounts of feedback from our readers and our 1.6 technical reviewers. We listened to your suggestions, answered your questions, thought hard about your discussions and debates, and incorporated your useful tips into the book, carefully curating what went in and what didn't.
- New material includes 6 chapters and 2 appendices covering function-based views, consuming REST APIs, deployment, continuous integration, i18n, new settings/config strategies and more.
- Even more handy reference tables and lists, for at-a-glance comparisons and summaries.
- Greatly-improved index to make it easier to reference.